Helsinki, Huopalahdenportti new residential area
A new CBD type, densely built residential area with services is being planned in Ruskeasuo district of Helsinki.
The area offers great potential for enjoyable city life and social encounters: a lively human-scale pedestrian environment beefed up with street-level retail spaces and services connected mainly to small piazzas at the block. Services being planned in the area include, for example, a daily groceries store and a day-care centre.
- Joint venture with Helsinki University Properties (HYK) (Senate Properties 30%, Helsinki University Properties 70%)
- New draft plan to permit building a total of approx. 100,000 floor-area sq. m. of new housing and approx.
7, 000 floor-area sq. m. of multi-purpose retail space
- Approximately 2,000 new residents to move in the area
- Draft plan includes a day-care centre for approx. 120 children
- Commencement 12 November 2013
- Draft plan (displayed 19 May –11 June 2015)
- Plan proposal preparation 2018–2020 (Technical Department, Urban Environment Committee)
- Approval (City Executive Board and City Council)
- Detail Plan probated
Future builders / developers are sought for the area in 2019 by organising an open competitive bidding. The plan proposal is prepared jointly between different parties. The transactions will be concluded as property sales when the plan alteration will have acquired legal validity.
Planning material and further information available at Helsinki City Map Service